Friday 19 May 2017

Trying to fix my ostomy.

As a young child, I loved to make things with my hands, no matter what it was. I never expected to become an inventor who makes valuable things most people use in their daily lives. I got in an accident one day while I was with some friends that changed my life. I made a pact with myself when I woke up from the procedure that I was going to find a way to change the past and my accident. 



One day my friends and I were outside doing some skateboarding. We found a cool location to do some tricks and whatnot. I never expected it to go so wrong. There was a rail for stairs that I went on, but I knew it was risky. The other side of the fence was a drop that went straight down about thirty feet. I knew the risks but wanted to go for it anyways. I jumped on it, but as soon as I did, my board slipped out from under me, and I fell onto the rail then fell down the drop. I tumbled down and came to an abrupt stop after hitting a tree. 

When I woke up, I was laying by the tree and had a branch sticking out of my abdomen. My friends came to my aid within a minute of me waking up, and they called an ambulance. I was in a great deal of pain, but I was able to manage. When the ambulance arrived, they put me on a stretcher and loaded me into the ambulance. When I got to the hospital, they did remove the stick that was through my abdomen and gave me some bad news. If I wanted to have any kind of proper bowel movement, I would need to get a colostomy procedure. With a great amount of hesitation, I agreed, and the procedure was done. When I woke up from the surgery, I made a pact with myself that I would fix the mistake I made. 


I got to work as soon as I got out of the hospital on plotting how I could change what I did. After a day of pondering, I decided to make a time machine. I got to work on it, and I found out the secret in order to make it work. It took some time and a lot of engineering, but with enough ingenuity and hard work, I was able to get it working. I was able to go back and change the mistake that I made. With that change, I was able to avoid the need of getting an ostomy procedure altogether. Once I did that, I continued to work hard on more projects that I knew would benefit all of humanity. I’m sure you are thinking this is impossible, but so long as you put your mind to something, anything is possible. 



As far-fetched as this may seem, I promise I am telling you the truth. I can not prove myself because I broke down the machine so it would not be used with bad intentions. I’m glad to have been able to change my life and not have to worry about an ostomy and all the pains that come with it. I do not have anything against people who have an ostomy, if anything, I respect them immensely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guide To Using Ostomy Filter Stickers

Filter stickers are usually included in the boxes of filtered ostomy pouches. These stickers are round-shaped with tabs on one side. They ar...